National Design and Research Forum (NDRF) established by the Institution of Engineers (India), promotes Research, Design, Development, Productization, and Innovation through collaborative effort since 1969.NDRF is anchoring interdisciplinary technological research in many engineering discipline including for societal applications, and plays a major role in deploying engineering and technology services, systems, and solutions for nation building.
NDRF has emerged as a forum for exploring and disseminating new and emerging design and research concepts. It is dedicated to provide an international forum for the discussion of design and research in the current issues of the Nation.
NDRF has been actively involved in program management, and building the National Ecosystem for collaborative,inter-disciplinary research and development. NDRF’s activities include :
- Research and Development Management
- Micro, Nano, and Bio Systems
- National Programme on Micro Air Vehicles (NP-MICAV)
- Sensors and sensors for Societal applications including Chemical, Biomimetic, and Biosensors
- System Identification Group- Flapping Competitions for MICAVs
- Development of Fuel Cells
- ProtoLab, Rapid Prototyping, and Tooling
- Interfacing of Biology and Engineering
To share the development with members of the engineering and technology community, NDRF publishes Monographs, Special Issues, Review Journals, and Conference proceedings on a regular basis. These books would be a useful reference for academicians, students, and industrialists.
- Monograph-Imagineering Automotive Design Past, Present & Future
- Monograph on Biosensors
- Monograph on NANOSENSOR TECHNOLOGY: LAST TECHNOLOGICAL REVOLUTION
- The Discipline & Culture of Innovation: A Socratic Journey
- Acoustics & Noise Control
- Wood Science, Engineering and Technology
- Sensor Networks for Air Pollution
- Micro Air Vehicle Experts Directory 2014
- Monograph on Micro Air Vehicles
- Taoist Directions for Design & Development